Class Action Claim Management
Have a Question? Most likely you can find the answer here....
Even more so, companies with more than one line of business or affiliated companies may be eligible for multiple refunds. Click here to see a sample of our past and current cases.
If you think you may be eligible for a settlement, contact FPS! We offer free consultations and may be able to suggest opportunities you haven't considered.
You can also get notified of upcoming settlements that pertain to your particular industry by signing up for FPS Refund Alerts. The service is free!
FPS contacted you because you may be eligible to receive refund money from one or more class action settlements based on our research of your business.
We can help you recover your settlement money if possible.
- Cutting time and costs by performing the administrative tasks and research associated with filing eligible claims
- Filing accurate claims in the required case specific document format with any necessary supporting documentation
- Increasing a claims value by identifying applicable departments, subsidiaries, and partners within a company that are eligible for recovery
- Assuring deadlines are met for claim filing, well ahead of schedule
- Close interaction with the Claims Administrator
- Resolving questions or issues with Claims Administrator in a timely fashion
- Providing updates on claim status
- Reviewing the recovery to assure the correct class action settlement amount has been received
- Identifying additional opportunities for eligible class action claims for businesses and clients that sign up for our free FPS Refund Alerts.
If you received a legal notice, it may have come from the claims administrator designated by the court. FPS is not a claims administrator, nor is FPS a class counsel.
Each case has its own criteria for membership in the settlement class. If you have received a legal notice regarding possible eligibility, it is worth contacting FPS.
We can determine your eligibility by filing the claim and consulting with the claims administrator.
The short answer is, yes.
Class action settlements are public record, but many claimants prefer to work with FPS because they do not have the capacity, expertise or resources to file the claim themselves.
FPS’s primary focus is getting your potential refund as well as future opportunities for “found money.” We can also serve as consultants for claims or asset recoveries you may be considering.
The size of your refund depends on three factors:
- The number of eligible companies filing claims for that particular settlement. Since many companies make the mistake of not filing, the eligible amount of monies available will vary. And, to the benefit of those companies who took the opportunity to file.
- The amount of eligible spending your company had during the particular settlement period.
- Third is the size of the settlement fund itself.
All three factors can vary greatly. We cannot predict the amount of your refund until all claims have been submitted and approved.
Don’t miss this opportunity. Let our experienced team at FPS help you get the maximum settlement recovery to which you are entitled.
Class action administration can be a lengthy process. Sometimes it can take over a year after the filing deadline, depending on the size and complexity of the settlement.
Here at FPS, we only get paid when you get paid, so we want you to receive your refund as soon as possible!
Each settlement will have a claim form or Schedule of Purchases to state your estimated or documented amount of spending.
In a “Direct” settlement the defendant companies (companies who sold you the product) will provide transaction records and other spending documentation to the claims administrator. If you dispute their records you will need to provide necessary documentation to substantiate your claimed purchases.
However, many companies do not keep spending records beyond a certain amount of years. The claims administrator understands this, especially since the settlement periods for major cases can date back and extend to well over 10 years.
Though well documented claims are stronger, FPS has still been able to assist companies retain refund money based on the company’s best estimates providing that we describe how clients arrived at their estimates. When necessary, FPS hires case-specific experts to advocate for your claim.
This is an opportunity and not an obligation. Because of this, there is no penalty if your spending estimates get challenged or denied by the claims administrator. You can decide at any point whether to provide more information, or walk away.
While each settlement and refund is different and unique in size, it’s important to remember that business-to-business antitrust settlements differ greatly from consumer settlements. The guidelines for these business-to-business settlements are based on the eligible spending, the eligible fund, and how many other companies have filed a claim towards the “pot” of settlement money.
The vast majority of eligible companies in a class action settlement will not file a claim, or respond to an inquiry from a claims administrator. This leaves more money available to the companies who do file.
All FPS’s claims are confidential unless a client voluntarily discloses information. Each settlement’s recovery is based on the unique circumstances of that particular settlement and the client’s own spending.Therefore, each client has a different experience depending on the case and their spending.
FPS will send one check to the claimant, who can then disburse the money as needed.
How you administer your refund money is up to your organization. You may want to consult your tax advisor to determine tax reporting and payment obligations from the refund.
No, because companies that hesitate may miss opportunities and leave money on the table. The time between filing your claim and receiving your refund distribution check could be several years.
Our most successful recovery relationships are from multiple settlements filed in a timely manner.