Filing Deadline is May 17, 2021!
Two more settlements have been reached in a class action antitrust lawsuit filed on behalf of Direct Purchaser Plaintiffs (“Plaintiffs”) of Broiler chicken. The two new settlements are with Defendants Tyson Foods, Inc., Tyson Chicken, Inc., Tyson Breeders, Inc., and Tyson Poultry, Inc. (collectively, “Tyson”) and Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation (“Pilgrim’s Pride”), collectively “New Settlements” with the “New Settling Defendants.” Previous settlements (the “Previous Settlements”) were filed on behalf of Plaintiffs with Defendants Peco Foods, Inc. (“Peco”), George’s, Inc. and George’s Farms, Inc. (collectively, “George’s”), Amick Farms, LLC (“Amick”), and Fieldale Farms Corporation (“Fieldale Farms”), collectively the “Previous Settling Defendants.” Together, the New Settling Defendants and Previous Settling Defendants are referred to as “Settling Defendants” and the Previous Settlements and the New Settlements are collectively referred to as the “Settlements.”
Who is Included in the Settlements?
For all settlements except the Fieldale Farms settlement, Settlement Class members include: All persons who purchased Broilers directly from any of the Defendants or any alleged Co-Conspirator identified in this action, or their respective subsidiaries or affiliates for use or delivery in the United States from at least as early as January 1, 2008 until December 20, 2019. The class period for the Fieldale Farms settlement is January 1, 2008 through August 18, 2017.
What is this Case About?
Plaintiffs allege that Defendants and their Co-Conspirators conspired to fix, raise, maintain, and stabilize the price of Broilers, beginning at least as early as January 1, 2008. Plaintiffs allege that Defendants implemented their conspiracy in various ways, including via coordinated supply restrictions, sharing competitively sensitive price and production information, and otherwise manipulating Broiler prices, with the intent and expected result of increasing prices of Broilers in the United States, in violation of federal antitrust laws. The Settling Defendants have not admitted any liability concerning and continue to deny the legal claims alleged. The Court did not decide which side was right, but both sides agreed to the Settlements to resolve the case. The case is still proceeding on behalf of the Direct Purchaser Plaintiffs against all other Defendants who have not settled with the Plaintiffs.
What do the Settlements Provide?
The New Settlements require the New Settling Defendants to pay up to the following amounts to the Settlement Class: Tyson $80,000,000; and Pilgrim’s $75,000,000. Together, with the amounts paid by the Previous Settling Defendants (Peco $4,964,600; George’s $4,097,000; Amick $3,950,000, Fieldale Farms $2,250,000), total settlements in the Direct Purchaser Plaintiffs’ case are $170,261,600 (the “Settlement Proceeds”).
Financial Power Services is assisting qualified businesses to file their refund claim on this settlement. Filing Deadline is MAY 17, 2021.
Financial Power Services (FPS) is a financial consulting and claims management firm; we are not a court appointed claims administrator or class counsel. When you retain FPS to manage your settlement refund claim, your company will be assigned a dedicated FPS Account Manager who will always be available to answer any questions you may have. They will work within your guidelines to manage the claim filing process, and can provide record retention advice that may enhance the value of your claim.
When you retain FPS to manage and file your settlement refund claim, FPS will:
- Prepare, assemble and submit your claim package, and manage it throughout the claims processing phase, including working with you to address any concerns or questions the claims administrator may have.
- Perform research to assure that all of your eligible business units (e.g., subsidiaries, divisions, acquisitions and divestitures) are included in the claim process.
- Provide advice on what, if any, documents need to be collected and maintained, and, when requested, we will assist in that effort.
- Reduce the support needed from your in-house staff, when required documents are not available or are too burdensome to collect, and we will negotiate on your behalf to develop alternate means to satisfy the documentation requirements.
- Provide regular updates on the recovery process and all related developments.
- Audit your payment to assure that it has not been under calculated.
- Follow up with you to assure that your recovery check is deposited.
- Notify you when we learn of additional valuable settlements in which you may be eligible to participate.
If you are ready to retain FPS with a few easy steps, click the Enroll Now button to get started!